I love coffee.
I love them here and there…
I even love them everywhere! (haha!)
I think the point is…I love coffee 🙂
In Washington State, we are hardcore serious about our coffee “lifestyle”. This may be partially because the Starbucks mogel hailed orginally from Seattle…and they have seem to have successfully commercialized the java business on a global level.
Luckily, I live on the Eastern side of the state where I feel like the ‘Bucks has less of a hold and smaller coffee roasters & companies/ mom&pop coffee boxes reign supreme…most times with nicer folks and a better, more personalized product.
Coffee in general has become an industry known for sugar laden, milky, blended frappe freezy tasty goodnesses…and less about a good strong cup of joe. While that’s ok, sometimes the sugar & calorie count are not. Luckily, there are some ways to stay on the nutrition train instead of having to jump off completely, leaving your daily latte habit in the dust.
After all, it’s the simple things that makes life worth living!
- Add Honey as a flavor! I’m all about ingredients I can pronounce and honey is one of those glorious options. It’s tasty and a little goes a long way 🙂
- 2 words: Almond. Milk. This is my favorite milk alt to put in my regular coffee or use in my lattes because it has a natural nutty flavor (imagine that!). Add in a solid chunk of protein and some good fats, it will help yourself start your AM off in the right direction!
- Dress up your drips! I’m not going to lie, black coffee is my all time favorite. Something about the smell, warmth and the taste makes my morning so complete. Sometimes though, I need something a little extra. Powdered spices have become my go-to. Spices are an unsung hero and there are so many! Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice all have a different flavor profile and can cater to what you’re feeling!
- Kick those sugar cravings! Vanilla soy is the easiest answer. I don’t eat/drink a lot of soy, but a couple ounces to drip or in your AM latte fix is sure to satisfy.
- Mistos! Love your morning latte more than a cup of black drip? Have your barista whip you up a soy/almond milk cafe misto! Half drip, half steam soy or almond milk, half the calories, but triplet the yumminess 😉
How do you drink your coffee??
Happy Sunday everyone!