Alas…Football season is upon us.
And my favorite thing about football season other than the never-ending drama and watching the Cowboys kick some boo-tay?
FOOD!!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤
Yesterday, along my Almost Homemade Pumpkin Muffins, I made some 5 layer Taco dip…something I’ve honed over the years. And every year it gets better and better!
Since plant based is the AIM of the game, I made two batches yesterday….one for my charmingly carnivorous BF and one for me in all its vegetarian glory!
Easy to make in batches both big and small, this one is one for the books!
Ultimate Layered Taco Dip
- 2 can Refried, no oil black beans
- 1 can chopped black olives
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small container sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 13×9 glass pan, empty your two cans of black beans into the bottom and use a spatula to spread into an even layer at the bottom. Empty the black olives and diced tomatoes on that layer of black beans, also spreading into an even layer.
- Sprinkle an even layer of cheddar cheese and place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is well melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately topping with a small scoop of sour cream and a small handful of shredded lettuce.
- Serve with some yummy tortilla chips! My favorites are the Late July Organic Chia & Quinoa tortilla chips!
When completely, this dish can easily be covered and refrigerated for later!!
You CAN add both sour cream and shredded as another full layer to your dip after you take it out of the oven…
(DO NOT COOK….BLEH).
Personally, I can’t eat quite that much sour cream…so I choose to opt for just a scoop.
If you also love a carnivore, add in a layer of pre-cooked hamburger meat before adding your first layer of refried black beans!
Happy Trails & Go Cowboys!!! 🙂